This is to announce that the Past & Present Reading Group will be meeting to discuss, on a weekly basis, our next text which is J.K. Gibson-Graham, Jenny Cameron and Stephen Healy, Take Back the Economy: An Ethical Guide for Transforming Our Communities.
As previously, we will meet Fridays, 1:00-2:00, with our meetings in Semester 1 to be held at Abercrombie Business School, Seminar Room 3200.
The first meeting of the group is scheduled for Friday 16 March and all are welcome.
Previous books read by the group have included the following past and present classics in political economy, with a commentary written on each text by a member from the group:
- Silvia Federici, Caliban and the Witch: Women, the Body and Primitive Accumulation.
- Louis Althusser, Reading Capital: The Complete Edition.
- Jason W. Moore, Capitalism in the Web of Life: Ecology and the Accumulation of Capital.
- Suzanne de Brunhoff, Marx on Money.
- Susanne Soederberg, Debtfare State and the Poverty Industry: Money, Discipline and the Surplus Population.
- Nicos Poulantzas, State, Power, Socialism.
- Samuel Knafo, The Making of Modern Finance: Liberal Governance and the Gold Standard.
- Charles Post, The American Road to Capitalism: Studies in Class Structure, Economic Development and Political Conflict, 1620-1877.
- Fernando Henrique Cardoso and Enzo Faletto, Dependency and Development in Latin America.
- Costas Lapavitsas, Profiting Without Producing: How Finance Exploits Us All.
- Peter Thomas, The Gramscian Moment: Philosophy, Hegemony and Marxism.
Adam David Morton